Siemens 2 Port Motorised Valve Bangs When Heating Is Turned Off. Pipes Rattle
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

CheekyMunkey
Labourer
Labourer

Siemens 2 Port Motorised Valve Bangs When Heating Is Turned Off. Pipes Rattle

by CheekyMunkey » Fri Feb 07, 2020 11:28 am

Hi,

Hope you are well

So I have a boiler in a separate cupboard. I have a water tank and immersion tank in another. My boiler controls are all in this cupboard. I have two motorised valves. One for the central heating and one for the water.

Every time the central heating is turned off there is an all mighty bang and from the pipe where the central heating 2 port valve which shakes the pipework a little. When the water valve turns off there is a slight bang but its soo quiet and not noticeable.

The flat was built in 2008. The valve for the water still has 2008 on it. The central heating valve which is the one making the noise is dated 2017 so it looks like it has been replaced fairly recently.

I did have a plumber come out to have a quick look and he said the valve shouldnt have gone soo soon if it was just changed. Also, he said if he did change it he couldnt promise the noise would stop so I didnt get the work done. I was going to speak to a neighbour to see if they have the same issue. Ive had the noise ever since I moved in which was a year ago.

I do notice that unlike the water valve when the central heating valve does turn on there is a slight knocking sound which comes from the valve as its turning on.

My question is do you think I should replace the whole thing and this would fix it? I already purchased an identical 2 port valve already (motor and pipework). Does it sound like the last time it was changed only the motor was changed and maybe the pipework twisting lever might have gotten worn out?

Apologies for all the questions and thanks in advance.

G