Small light in under stair cupboard
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
MJ76
Labourer
Labourer

Small light in under stair cupboard

by MJ76 » Sat Nov 12, 2022 1:36 pm

Hi folks im not an Electrician so am wondering if anyone can advise on the following. Am looking to fit a small (around 1ft long) strip light (?) inside a cupboard under my mother's stairs, the cupboard is around 1m wide by 2m so was looking for something brighter than a light for a cabinet, at the moment she has a small light unit (i dont know the correct term) but its a sealed square light fixed to the inside of the door frame with a switch on the side, and it plugs straight into the mains. Im looking for a direct replacement for this but something which is brighter (ideally LED but doesnt have to be), I cant seem to find what im after but maybe thats because I dont know the correct name of the light, ive searched batten light and strip light but those dont seem to be it. I think what she has at the moment may be a dim 'cabinet light'. Many thanks in advance.

Mr White
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Small light in under stair cupboard

by Mr White » Sun Nov 13, 2022 1:03 am

There are such a variety of lights available it is really your choice. You may want to look at screwfix / toolstation or even a local lighting shop.

I was recently watching a video where the electrician on site had changed a failed light fitting to one that was brighter and better suited to the location, the customer did not like the light, so purchased a completely different light and asked the electrician on site to change it. My point being (As I initially said) it is your choice of which light you like.

An acknowledgement that you have read this post is always appreciated

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Sep 01, 2024 3:24 am