Stone Enhancer Issue With Granite Slabs
Post your questions and get answers regarding all areas of drives, pathways and patios

ConfusedShaun
Labourer
Labourer

Stone Enhancer Issue With Granite Slabs

by ConfusedShaun » Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:47 pm

Good evening Everyone

I wonder who can help me with my disaster?!

I had laid about 1 year ago some granite slabs to a then newly built front door steps. The colour was not like in the store so once laid we were shocked how light the stone was and certainly not what we wanted.

As so much work was being done on the house I decided to not seal the stone or use any enhancer until all the external rendering had been done. a year then went past and I used a friends jet washer to give the stone a good clean over in preperation for using some colour enhancher (not cheap) that would darken the stones to a colour we were really looking for.

I did notice when cleaning off te stones that over time there were some light pale white streaks through some of the slabs and also some dark spots, neither of which came out with jet washing.

After waiting another 3 or 4 weeks for a dry few days I happily went about my business spraying the stone in a fine mist using a pump pressure sprayer. Once applying it, I looked in horror at the awful mismatch, blotches and pale / light patching appearing before my eyes! I soaked off the excess enhancer, but too me dismay 2 days later it looks terrible. The suface is also very shiney and has not yet cured.

Is there anyway I can rectify this mess without speaking a couple of thousand pounds ripping them all up and relaying new stones???

Please help with your advise.

Many thanks.

Shaun
Attachments
IMAGE 2.jpg
IMAGE 1.jpg
IMAGE 3.jpg
IMAGE 4.jpg

It is currently Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:27 am