1 post   •   Page 1 of 1
pawel
Labourer
Labourer

Tapping coming from inside a solid wall

Post by pawel » Wed Jun 01, 2022 5:07 am

Hello everyone,

Hope you're all well!

I've signed up to this forum to look for an advise. I've searched the interned to and fro but couldn't find anything similar.

My partner and I live in an old mid-terrace house (build 1867) and since we moved in (a year ago) we've been having problems with sleeping due to a weird rhythmic tapping coming from one of our bedroom's walls. It usually happens early in the morning (today it was 4:40am) but sometimes at night too. The tapping happens randomly at different times and with different intervals.

The tapper reacts to sound so we've looked for signs of mice or other living creatures in the attic but couldn't find any.

The bedroom is situated on the first floor. The walls are solid brick on both sides (no cavity walls), and we can hear our neighbours when they argue or when their kids play. Also in the bedroom located is a chimney leading to a space where a fireplace used to be.

Here's the video with the tapping I took this morning:
https://youtube.com/shorts/HLsEXAfpEOw?feature=share

If you have any idea what it might be, please help! We both sleep with earplugs but they tend to fall out when I sleep. Any advise would be highly appreciated!

All the best,
Pawel

1 post   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:12 pm