Temporary conservatory roof insulation
Conservatories are a great all-round addition to any home. Find help, advice and information on all aspects of this area.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
grahambsix
Labourer
Labourer

Temporary conservatory roof insulation

by grahambsix » Sun Oct 25, 2020 11:37 am

Hello I'm looking for advice on temporary insulation for my conservatory roof. We have the usual problem that it's too cold in the winter, but living in scotland the heat in the summer is less of an issue. I like the amount of light that comes in so i don't want to permanently block that out but could accept that through the winter for a bit more warmth.

What I was thinking was making some panels that would fit between the rafters using superquilt insulation sandwiched in a wooden batten frame and with some kind of facing on the inside, probably thin ply or mdf painted white. these pannels could then be put in each winter and removed in summer.

Does this sound like a sensible approach and good choice of materials? Would insulation boards cut to size work as well? Will it all be too heavy fo the roof? Has anyone tried something similar and if so did it work. Should i try to have a tight fit / air seal all round the pannels or do i need some ventalation to prevent damp?

Thanks in advance

Graham
Attachments
conservatory.jpg

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Temporary conservatory roof insulation

by stoneyboy » Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:46 pm

Hi grahambsix
Suggest you use expanded polystyrene - easy to cut, light to fit and store.
Regards S

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Jul 27, 2024 2:18 pm