Tiling courses has any done !!!
Advice and information on tiling and fixing tiles to a variety of surfaces

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
HALLY
Labourer
Labourer

Tiling courses has any done !!!

by HALLY » Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:07 am

I'm stuck in a rut ..Hate my job been looking at courses there are so many places that do the trainning but i think ive found the right one ..2 weeks or 4 week's .thats the thing can you really learn to tile that quick ?
would love any feed back good or bad .... I'm 100% want to do this they also do add on course for bisazza mosaic and original style victorian courses are these worth doing and do people want this work done .

:D HALLY

chris_on_tour2002
Project Manager
Project Manager

by chris_on_tour2002 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:47 pm

can you learn to tile in 2-4 weeks? well you can certainly learn the fundamentals, how to set out, how to cut, tiling reveals, beading, adhesives, sealers and sealants etc.

what you won't get from a crash course is years of experience.

great if all the jobs you get are simple and straightforward. problem comes when faced with an issue not addressed on the course. walls wavier than the pacific in a storm, walls out of square, peeling plaster, unsound substrates, uneven floor joists, the list goes on.

in an ideal world the course will be great but don't expect to make any money in the first couple of years. you'll spend the whole time building up speed and learning from your own mistakes.

best to do the course then try and jump on board with somebody with experience for a while - if you can find someone willing to take the risk that is.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 7:06 am