Bosch Dishwasher Check Tap Light Flashes but no Apparent Issues With Draining
Help, advice and problem solutions on all aspects of home appliances from washing machines to TV's

macduy
Labourer
Labourer

Bosch Dishwasher Check Tap Light Flashes but no Apparent Issues With Draining

by macduy » Sun Apr 07, 2019 1:20 am

Hi!

We started having an issue with our dishwasher today. The "Check tap" light started flashing (shown below, minus the flashing light)

LIFEql.png

According to the manual, this is an issue with the tap or draining.

I checked and couldn't find anything clogging the drain. The water level looks like this (maybe 1-2 cm of water)

Water level
Water level

If I add clean water to the dishwasher and turn it on, it will drain down to about this level, which makes it me believe it's not blocked.

I opened the cover and checked for any debris and turned the impeller to make sure it can rotate freely.

b8w9NU.png

To give you an idea of the water level, the impeller is about 90% submerged in water.

We've used the dishwasher almost daily for the past 4 weeks without problems until now. Before this problem happened, I added salt to the salt tank and did a cleaning cycle with nothing but this cleaning product: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Finish-Dish...c=1&th=1&psc=1

I am confused: the dishwasher seems to be draining fine. Water is presumably coming into the system since the cleaning pack was empty after the cleaning cycle.

Any tips would be appreciated. Thank you!

It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2024 2:27 am