Unwanted heat coming in to house
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Whitey101
Labourer
Labourer

Unwanted heat coming in to house

by Whitey101 » Tue Jun 20, 2023 8:00 am

Morning forum,

For years we have had issues with heat in our house. It was built in the 80's and is south facing. I have recently added newer insulation in the loft (now 270) and we have fitted black-out blinds in the rear.
We try and keep the windows open where we can all day to let the stubborn hot air out and before we go to bed we open all the windows and do the same.
Literally by the time we go back upstairs its like a sauna and when we wake up its still like a sauna.
The loft is quite cool so i don't think that's the problem. I don't think we have cavity wall so could that be the problem ?
Is there any other reason this could be happening that I'm just missing ?
Hope anyone one out there can help
Cheers, Paul

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Unwanted heat coming in to house

by stoneyboy » Thu Jun 22, 2023 10:12 pm

Hi whitey101,
You must have the only house in the country where the loft does not get stifling hot in sunny weather, wait till late afternoon and check again.
In addition to heat from the loft you will probably be getting heat from sunlight through your windows. Solar reflective film on the inside of windows is very effective.
Regards S

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1