ventilation extraction fan - areas to vent to?
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Sparkydelux
Tradesman
Tradesman

ventilation extraction fan - areas to vent to?

by Sparkydelux » Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:50 pm

Hi

Can anyone help me with a little problem I am facing? I have a Shower room under some stairs that requires extraction. The house is a mid terrace house and the new shower room is in the middle of the house.

I am having an issue in thinking up a solution on where to vent out to. There is an adjacent Fire place that is no longer in use which is a possibility but I am not sure how legal that is. Or there is a significant void below the floor. Does anyone know if either of these solutions is possible? The void under the floor is adequately ventilated via air bricks. The fan will be placed at High level and can be ducted down and consealed. The other option is to bore into the chimney stack and vent to that.

Has anyone else encountered a dilemma such as this or am I the lucky one?

Regards,

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

by stoneyboy » Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:38 pm

Sparkydelux,
The only way you can utilise the chimney is to fit a liner in it with a water trap at the bottom.
You could fit a pipe under the floor to outside and use this but do not vent directly into the floor void.
end

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Sep 08, 2024 3:12 am