Ventilation for loft conversion
Information and advice on lofts and loft conversions. Find solutions and post your questions here...

pajeffery
Labourer
Labourer

Ventilation for loft conversion

by pajeffery » Sun Jul 30, 2023 9:19 am

We're just about to start a loft conversion, this will include a bedroom and bathroom, we're conscious that having a bathroom up there will mean we need to consider ventilation.

We have a family friend that has suggested getting a heat recovery system, this seems like a very efficient way to remove stale/humid air from the loft and replace with fresh air from outside. But the system we've been advised to get is quite expensive and seems a bit excessive.

We will also be installing Velux windows in the loft and I've discovered they have a smart control system called Velux Active that automatically opens/closes the windows based on temperature/humidity in the room.

I'm aware the Velux Active isn't going to be as efficient because it doesn't recover the heat, but it will be a fairly low cost upgrade from what we're already buying.

I'd be interested to know what other people's opinions are and if they are using Velux Active in their loft.

It is currently Sat Jul 27, 2024 5:13 am