Voltage for lights in Turkey?.
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
maureen
Labourer
Labourer

Voltage for lights in Turkey?.

by maureen » Sat Jul 28, 2007 3:40 pm

Wondered if anybody new if i bought lights from the Uk what i would need to do to get them to work in Turkey?. We wanted a set of lights with the fans under them but they are about £60 to £70 each in Turkey. We have just got an Argos catalogue and they are between £15 to £25 on special offer. I wouldnt mind if it was only 1 set of lights but we have 3 bedrooms and 2 lights in the living room.
Thanks for any help.

tuckersgrave
Labourer
Labourer

by tuckersgrave » Mon Jul 30, 2007 9:07 pm

Hi Maureen
I've just googled "Turkey electrical voltage" and it came up with a few sites, and the concensus is it's 220 to 230 volts AC at 50 cycles (hertz) per second. That said, go ahead and buy!
Cheers, Graham.

sparx
Project Manager
Project Manager

by sparx » Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:18 pm

Hi the only thing that matters is the voltage in use in turkey, the frequency may be different from UK where it is 50Hz, as in US where it is 60Hz but the only difference there is the fans speed will be slightly faster, not a prob. i imagine!
Look at the makers rating plate on some equipment you have, or even on a light bulb it should tell u volts, as long as not far from 230 then should be OK.
regards SPARX

who-me?
Labourer
Labourer

by who-me? » Fri Aug 03, 2007 12:03 am

Merhaba,
the voltage in Turkey is roughly the same as the UK & can fluctuate between 220 to 240, although I have known it go as high as 250!
So yes, the lights you want will work over there,I have not had any probs with any equipment from the UK over there,(except that when it rains nothing works cos the power goes out, strange!)Maybe they built the substations at the bottom of the mountains & they flood.
BTW, where is your property in Turkey?

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Oct 04, 2024 4:29 pm