Wall Vents for Parkway Coke Fire
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

1 post   •   Page 1 of 1
bernhard
Labourer
Labourer

Wall Vents for Parkway Coke Fire

Post by bernhard » Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:09 am

I have a Parkway coke fired central heating boiler and recently I have been having a dispute with my landlord on what he claims I have blocked up the outside ventilator into the room for the solid fuel stove, I have what is a computer desk which he claims is blocking the wall ventilator, which is far from the truth as it has been there for the last 10 years, and is at 10inches from the wall, effectively leaving unobstructed access to the hole in the wall which freezes the room when the wind is blowing even in July, at BST. There are some boxes either side of the table, but I can tell you they do not impede the air flow as I have felt one side of me warm when sitting in an armchair whilst the other side was cold from the draught. And I mean the draught is really bad,I am trying to get him to fit a baffled system to the open “hole in the wall” that is there at present. The smoke alarm I have has a Carbon Monoxide alarm which has not once be activated when running a fire in the winter.
I am also aware that the landlord has to comply with the section UK Building Regulations Approved Documents J, of which I have not the time or technical expertise to go through.
http://www.feta.co.uk/uploaded_images/f ... ticle_.pdf
Any idea what I can do to change this Jobsworth mind before I impose a legal team on him because he is completely stubborn?
Your help would be appreciated.

1 post   •   Page 1 of 1