What is this?
General decorating topics, questions and answers. find help, tips and advice on completing your decorating projects

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2024 12:25 pm

What is this?

by Christine_J1 » Mon Jan 15, 2024 12:38 pm

ImageProbably a daft question but this is my first house and not got much experience of decorating.

So I stripped off wallpaper using a steamer and scraper tool and as you can see from the pic, most of the wall is brown but with this red patch. Just wondering why this is? The wallpaper over the red bit came off easier and in big chunks.

Plan is to put lining paper up and paint over it.

Thanks in advance,
IMG_4350.jpeg (28.61 KiB) Viewed 110 times

Project Manager
Project Manager
Posts: 6432
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:44 pm

Re: What is this?

by stoneyboy » Tue Jan 16, 2024 10:37 pm

Hi christine_j1,
It looks like the wall has been repaired using standard finishing plaster, if it feels dry just size the wall and allow it to dry before you fit lining paper.
Regards S

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:42 am