What this site is all about - Ref in-line bathroom fan
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

1 post   •   Page 1 of 1
eddie
Apprentice
Apprentice

What this site is all about - Ref in-line bathroom fan

Post by eddie » Mon Oct 01, 2007 7:47 am

Hi all

Just thought I'd do a separate reply in response to a topic about the above.

First of all I'd like to thank Sparks for his advice so far and hopefully in the future.

In reply to Rosebery about Sparks help on this topic, which has been very helpful, I feel I need to explain the circumstances behind the topics I've so far posted

At the minute I'm doing an extention on my house, all the work bar bricks, floors & roof I've had done by other people and now I'm at the stage of electrics, plumbing, plastering and stud work.

Keeping to the electric side of things, my background years ago was electrical installations, C & G 1 & 2, 15 th edition now updated to 16th through a college course, while rusty on a few things, putting in sockets and lights has'nt really changed except for maybe the heights and unless your in the trade 24//7 you can read the regs till your blue in the face and everyone will have a different take on them

Other things like isolators for fans etc., the Regs tell one thing and the manufactures instructions say a slightly different thing, so I always like to clarify with people who have maybe done this sort of thing before before I do any unnecessarry work.

As for Part 'P' all work I'm doing in my extention/ bathrooms is being checked by building control then tested and inspected by another electrician, ALL LEGAL.

The 1st fix is donkey work which I'm capable of doing as well as the 2nd fix, its just sometimes in life you come across situations your not sure about and I'd rather look a fool for asking for help then be a fool for not.

Cheers Eddie

1 post   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Apr 08, 2024 5:29 am