What Working Hours can I Work on my Self Build?
Ask questions and find answers on a range of subjects relating to self build projects

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
RichDr
Labourer
Labourer

What Working Hours can I Work on my Self Build?

by RichDr » Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:25 pm

Hi all,

We have just begun our self build project which is a self build in the truest sense. It is for the most part going to be done by myself i.e. DIY
We always new we were going to have difficult neighbors and in particular a couple who are extremely abusive, aggressive and insolent. They have tried everything to stop us getting planning even applying for TPO's after planning was granted and today i received more abuse after working on site digging out after 1pm on a Saturday. I new nothing of this rule/law/guideline and after research it seems that construction does have limited working hours for 'noisy' works however this is me working in my garden on my own project and DIY working hours that are allowed differ a great deal. So my question is this; is a self build DIY or construction.
No planning conditions mentions restrictions on working hours. It is a rural environment on the edge of a village and the neighbors to our left and those opposite (who are the ones in question) are both retired so will always be at home whenever we are building.
Many Thanks in advance.

collectors
Foreman
Foreman

Re: What Working Hours can I Work on my Self Build?

by collectors » Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:43 pm

Check with your local council as some areas a different.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 3:06 am