Why do I have a valley and not tiles?
Information, help and tips on many areas of roofing including trusses, tiling, venting, insulation etc....

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Sonicboom
Labourer
Labourer

Why do I have a valley and not tiles?

by Sonicboom » Tue Aug 10, 2021 6:47 pm

I’m having issues with leaks in my loft and at first the roofers thought it was my lead valley was leaking but now they think it might be tiles instead. However, this has prompted a question. I can’t see what the valley looks like because its too high up and I can’t get far enough from the back of my house to see either as it backs onto other houses. But they are saying the valley goes horizontally along the roof. I asked them to take a photo but they are old boys and arent good with taking photos with their phones, they say. I can look out onto other peoples houses (all 2 bed mid terraced) and they don’t have a valley. Surely it makes no sense to have a horizontal valley on a sloping roof, you would just have tiles, like the rest of the houses around me. Any thoughts on this, I suppose I really need to get someone else out to get a photo of it on the roof?

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Why do I have a valley and not tiles?

by stoneyboy » Wed Aug 11, 2021 10:19 pm

Hi sonicboom
It is very difficult to envisage your roof layout from your description. Have you tried looking on Google Earth to see if it gives enough detail.
Regards S

Sonicboom
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Why do I have a valley and not tiles?

by Sonicboom » Tue Aug 17, 2021 3:54 pm

Thanks Stoney! I have been able to see the valley clearly as a diagonal! I have a further question but will post it separately

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:22 am