Window Trim Stuck Over Corner Beads in Window Reveal
Ask your questions and find answers on many subjects relating to plastering and dry lining

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Rchrd
Labourer
Labourer

Window Trim Stuck Over Corner Beads in Window Reveal

Post by Rchrd » Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:50 am

I've got a tricky little problem that I'm not quite sure how to resolve.

I'm replacing 9.5mm p/board with 12.5mm foil backed board in a timber framed external wall. The only issue is that at the edge of the window reveal the metal corner bead has been partially covered by a plastic quadrant fitted round the UPVC windows (adhesive backed and siliconed in place). Essentially the metal corner bead is now trapped under this plastic quadrant. Ideally I don't really want to have to mess around with the windows - even though it's only superficial trim.

Is it likely that the corner bead would be nailed to the timber frame (underneath the p/board) or is beading just nailed on the face of the plaster board?

I wondered if I can ease out the 9.5mm p/board leaving the corner bead in situ, then gently bend it back so that it's just behind the edge of the plastic trim before fitting the new board and new edge bead. Bodge? Moi??!!

Any alternative suggestions?

Thanks.

welsh brickie
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Window Trim Stuck Over Corner Beads in Window Reveal

Post by welsh brickie » Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:05 pm

Plastic trims are usually fitted using trim tape and then sealed with silicone and its easy to remove

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:25 am