wiring a europian light in us home
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
rtdriver
Labourer
Labourer

wiring a europian light in us home

by rtdriver » Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:14 pm

my name is rtdriver i purchased a chandalier in the czec republic about 15 years ago and never mounted it now im trying to install in my new home the light has a brown a blue and a green and yellow wire attached to it in the ceiling i have a white a black and a copper wire hanging down i need help placing the right wires together? thanks for any help suggested

BLAKEY1963
Site Agent
Site Agent

Re: wiring a europian light in us home

by BLAKEY1963 » Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:07 pm

[quote="rtdriver"]my name is rtdriver i purchased a chandalier in the czec republic about 15 years ago and never mounted it now im trying to install in my new home the light has a brown a blue and a green and yellow wire attached to it in the ceiling i have a white a black and a copper wire hanging down i need help placing the right wires together? thanks for any help suggested[/quote]

rtdriver
Get in your local electrcian , TO wire this 4 u.

BLAKEY1963

sparx
Project Manager
Project Manager

by sparx » Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:08 pm

where are you? black & white implies USA, this is a UK only forum for safety reasons, In U.S. they use black as live so it would go so brown & white Neutral would go to blue, copper 'ground/earth' goes to green/yellow.
Check voltage of lamps fitted match supply voltage at your house also,

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Jul 27, 2024 9:38 am