Zanussi washing machine problem
Help, advice and problem solutions on all aspects of home appliances from washing machines to TV's

8 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
rob698
Labourer
Labourer

Zanussi washing machine problem

by rob698 » Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:51 pm

Hi, I have a zanussi zwf1621w washing machine, It will not complete its final spin (1600) or spin when selecting the spinning program.
the motor is also making a clicking sound when the drum is spun.
I have removed the front and back, and have managed to look inside the drum but can not see anything stuck/caught.
The machine is rarely used due to being in my other home, I say about 30 times a year, this has only happened on the last 3-4 cycles.
Any help would be grateful
Rob

Dave From Leeds
Ganger
Ganger

Re: Zanussi washing machine problem

by Dave From Leeds » Fri May 11, 2012 1:40 pm

Don't know if you've managed to resolve this yet but whenever I've had problems such as this with washing machines it has been due to worn carbon brushes in the motor.

MarcusWright
Labourer
Labourer

by MarcusWright » Sat May 12, 2012 9:19 am

I think it is a machine issue. I am not sure that it is due to a carbon brushes of the motor but it can be one of the reason to fail to complete it's cycle. Still, you need to try take it to a shop and check what is the reason behind it.

joel651
Labourer
Labourer

by joel651 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:21 am

I have a ZANUSSI ZWF1621W Washing Machine

The machine was working fine. Then it blew its circuit yesterday, during a hot wash. I reset it from the mains. Now all it does is light up saying Washing and then after 10 mins goes to End.

It doesn't fill with water, the pumps are clear, the water hose is working, no kinks in the out pipe, the belt is on and in good condition. The drum turns if you manually turn it.

Any help you can give me would be appreciated.

Prod No. 914521-1005-03
Serial No. 801 00297

thedoctor

by thedoctor » Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:53 pm

Hi Guys, we have a page on the main site about repairing basic washing machine problems. Here is a link, let us know if it helps.

https://www.diydoctor.org.uk/projects/wa ... oblems.htm

fgibbons
Labourer
Labourer

by fgibbons » Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:11 pm

I have the exact same problem. After a short during a load the washer only runs for about 10 min and then switches to end still full of water.
This happened after it shorted.
I can manually put it on a spin-only cycle and that works.

handtools
Labourer
Labourer

by handtools » Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:54 pm

thedoctor wrote:Hi Guys, we have a page on the main site about repairing basic washing machine problems. Here is a link, let us know if it helps.

https://www.diydoctor.org.uk/projects/wa ... oblems.htm

I have not checked your link yet. Advance thanks for sharing this. Hope it will be great.

adamgrapeseed
Labourer
Labourer

by adamgrapeseed » Tue Aug 02, 2016 2:45 pm

Hi guys

Newbie here so please forgive me if this is answered elsewhere.

I am having the same problems, albeit with a Bosch washing machine. Could it be the same problem as the original poster or is it different by brands?

Any help would be appreciated.

Adam

8 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Jul 27, 2024 8:10 am