part p niceicvs iee bs7671 earth bonding question
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
the2003one
Labourer
Labourer

part p niceicvs iee bs7671 earth bonding question

by the2003one » Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:05 pm

hi,

i am a 17th edition electrician who works on comercial installations, i recently agreed to help my neighbour with his kitchen extension when was left in the lurch by a part p neigbour who moved away mid job.

the kitchen is now complete i now need it signed off by a registered part p installer.
the main water and gas are earthed, the boiler pipes are cross bonded and the sink and sink pipes are bonded together.

when i did my 17th edition i was told that suplimentary bonding was now not nessesary if satisfactory value of zs was measured during the testing process, i therefore haven't bonded the radiator pipe and fridge water/ice supply as it would of looked messy, however it is now impossible to do unless run surface.

will the guy coming to certify the kitchen want these done anyway? can it be bonded together or do you need another cable from the board? if so can i come off a socket instead? will he want to see pigtails/ links to socket backboxes?

thanks

baz

kbrownie
Project Manager
Project Manager

by kbrownie » Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:38 pm

There is no requirement for supplementary bonding in kitchens.
KB

sparx
Project Manager
Project Manager

by sparx » Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:29 pm

Who are you going to get to 'sign it off'?
Since the work was not notified to LABC and a fee paid before starting because it was being done by a 'Part P' registered leckie you now have a problem.
Rules say no one can register work not done by themself or under their direct supervision!
You can of course fill in the required installation cert. as you do for your commercial installations.
If circumstances are explained to LABC they may sign job off based on your cert. when they come for their final inspection of the extension.
regards SPARX

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Jun 21, 2024 5:50 pm