Paint Metal with Matte Finish Plus Print Transfer
General decorating topics, questions and answers. find help, tips and advice on completing your decorating projects

JackPCooke
Labourer
Labourer

Paint Metal with Matte Finish Plus Print Transfer

by JackPCooke » Thu May 13, 2021 10:15 am

Hi.

This is mostly a question about paint and design and a simple Google search hasn't yielded convincing results.

I am creating a little retro Games console for my brother's 30th. To do this I have bought a mini PC [Lenovo M93p Tiny desktop] and installed Batocera that acts as a front end for a bunch of different Video game emulators.

As the Pc is a slim Square shape, my siblings have agreed to design the casing in such a way that it resembles a NES games cartridge. We want to place a custom design in place of the games box art/label.

The casing is a Black metal casing.

So I'd first like to know how I can paint the metal casing with a Grey Matte finish.

Then secondly add the print label and show the illusion of the embedded grooves. I thought it'd be best to create/download the designs on a computer. To then attempt a print transfer onto the metal casing.

Most of what I've seen online show a Black Matte colour for metal. Then the Metal print transfers have usually been black outlines on uncoloured steel, which has a kind of faded look.

I want mine to look as much like a plastic NES cartridge as possible.

This is the first forum I've found that might have some answers for me. If I'm in the wrong place please direct me to where I may get my answer.

Thanks.

It is currently Fri Oct 18, 2024 6:01 am